Italian, English, French
Being a Lawyer for more than 25 years, he gained a deepened expertise in white-collar crimes in general, since he took part in some of the most well known and challenging Italian criminal proceedings, such as:
- the Linate disaster
- the Parmalat disarray
- the “Scalata Antonveneta” case
- the Santa Giulia case in Milan (charges: money laundering, conspiracy and several tax crimes)
- the “Telecom” case
- the “Banca Mediolanum” case (many promoters were charged for tax crimes)
- the F.I.A.T. “convertendo” case
- the poisoning of the aquifer in Spinetta Marengo, near Alessandria
- the criminal proceeding related to the kickbacks in the so-called “sistema Sesto”
- the crimes of fraud and obstacle to Supervisory Bodies in the BPM “convertendo” case
- the most important healthcare scandals
- the Expo case
In many famous proceeding he also assisted entities, accused ex Legislative Decree 231/2001, also cooperating to the draft of Compliance Models implemented after the commission of a crime. He cooperated to the draft of many Compliance Models for both SMEs and Multinational Groups.
He has an over 10-years experience as a member of Supervisory Bodies and in the drafting of Compliance Models. He is member of the Supervisory Body in RENANTIS S.P.A., EROGASMET S.P.A., RENOVIT S.P.A., ZENITH SERVICE S.P.A, SIDAM S.P.A.
He is an expert in the field of Crimes related to the Trade of Works of Art; he assists leading operators in the Works Of Art market (Auction Houses, Collectors, Art Galleries) in all the steps concerning the possession and the circulation of works of art. He also assisted clients in the well-known case of the DADAMAINO falsified works and in the case of the fake MODIGLIANIs exhibited at Palazzo Ducale in Genova.
SCIENTIFIC AND TEACHING ACTIVITY
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Milan Camera Penale “Giandomenico Pisapia” from 2012 to 2023
- Coordinator and lecturer to many conventions and seminars organized by several professional, bank and trade associations (Lawyers, Accountants, Doctors)
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the Course for post-graduate specialization on Criminal Liability of Entities ex Legislative Decree 231/2001, held by the Law Faculty of the Milan Università degli Studi. He is also a lecturer for the Course
- Lecturer under contract at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Università degli Studi di Milano, Università commerciale Luigi Bocconi di Milano and at the Università degli Studi di Pavia “Scuola di Specializzazione per le professioni Legali”.
- Regularly published on legal periodical, he is also Responsible for the section “Giurisprudenza Penale d’Impresa” on the Rivista dei Dottori Commercialisti, together with Enrico Basile
PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
Summa Cum Laude at Milan Università degli Studi in 1984 with a dissertation in Criminal Procedure Law under the supervision of Professor Alberto Candian, being for the following three years also teaching assistant to the chair.
He created his Law Firm in 1992; in 2000 he was joined by Geraldina Bagliani, Co-founding Partner.
Member of the Milan Bar since 1990; enabled to assist in front of the Higher Courts since 2002.
As a trainee, he cooperated in one of the most famous Law Firms in Milan.
Italian, English, French